RNEA Summary of changes 2010-2012 Contract
- Coursework must be through DESE-accredited institute listed on Rockwood Application for Course Approval form
- No more than 9 semester hours of graduate credit in fall and spring. Unlimited in summer. Can appealed to HR.
- Correspondence and video coursework limited to six total hours per program of study. Online interactive coursework is recognized as different from correspondence and video.
- A committee will consider the expansion of current professional development options with respect to channel-change credits. Recommendation will be forthcoming by April 2011.
National Board Teacher Certification
-A $5000 stipend remains for full time teachers. Pro-rated for part time.
- If notification is received by HR by December 30, change will be reflected
on Jan. 31. check
- In year one of the certification, 50% of stipend will be realized
- In years 2-10, 100% of stipend will be realized
- In year 11, 100% will be realized provided the teacher has re-certified in years eight or nine
- In year 11, 50% will be realized if the teacher has not re-certified but commits to retirement in that year by Feb. 1
- RNEA maintains 50% of insurance committee membership
- This committee will make recommendations with respect to funding, plan design, impact of vendor changes, district contribution increases, provider reviews and rate of the percentage of dependent coverage.
- In years when funds are ample, the district contribution may be less than 50% of average national increase plus 0.5%
Dental, Vision and Medical Insurance
- The district will continue to cover full time employees at 100% premium cost of base plan.
-Expand the role of wellness committee and look for ways to create wellness
as a priority for employees
- Extended through retiring class of 2014-2015
- Index remains with current (2009-2010) buy out rates of $121.43 for first 100 days; $182.14 for days 101-150; and $242.86 for days 151 and above
- Investment opportunities such as 403b, 457 and HSA will be available within IRS guidelines
Personal / Religious Leave
-As soon as the Human Resources / Finance software is fully functional,
personal forms will be obsolete (estimated 18-24 mos)
- Clarifying language was written providing two religious leave days that do
not impact personal days or perfect attendance
Elementary Plan Time
-It is recommended that full time classroom teachers grades K-5 have 250 minutes of teacher-directed plan time per week.
Pilot Review Committee
- Composed of director of curriculum, principals and RNEA-appointed teachers from all levels
- Complete an audit of current programs, initiatives and pilots
- Review proposed pilots in the future
- Limit curriculum-related pilots to in-depth review years with exceptions to this subject to review and approval by this committee
At-Risk Teaching Assistants
-When SSD funding is available, provide at-risk assistants to elementary
schools for the sole purpose of working with students demonstrating at-
risk needs not being met by SSD
One-Year Only Contracts Transfer Rights
-If a teacher has been on two or more consecutive one-year-only contracts and
they sign another one-year-only contract for the coming year, they
are eligible to apply as a round I transfer applicant to a regular teaching
position through May 31. Their signature on the one-year-only contract
no longer prohibits them for applying for transfers that come up after
Professional Development in Years 1-3 of Employment in Rockwood
- All members of the bargaining unit in years 1-3 of their employment in Rockwood will be expected to complete an additional 15 hours of professional development per year
- In 2010-2011, this will include years 1 and 2 of employment, phasing into years 1,2 and 3 in 2011-2012.
- An hourly stipend equivalent to the professional development participant stipend will be paid for these hours
- Opportunities will exist during the summer and after school to participate in this development
Parent Teacher Conferences will be held no sooner than 3 weeks from the start of the quarter and no longer than 3 weeks after the quarter ends.
Rockwood NEA President