The Rockwood National Education Association works every day to better the education of the 22,480 students in Rockwood School District.
With over 1,300 members, RNEA represents all 1,684 of the education professionals in the district, all of whom focus on advocating for students in our schools and the education professionals who serve those students.
The RNEA believes that working collaboratively with the RSD School Board and administration helps to achieve what we all strive for: a world-class, quality education for EVERY child who walks through our schools' doors.
As the exclusive bargaining unit in the school district, the RNEA has many accomplishments: the current collective bargaining agreement, representation on all district committees including calendar, finance, curriculum, and insurance. The RNEA engages in the decision-making process in all facets of the Rockwood School District.
As a result of our work with the district, Rockwood School District has earned many awards and achievements:
- The Rockwood School District is one of only six school districts in the state accredited through AdvancED, the world's largest education community.
- A rating of Distinction in Performance with High Achievement provides Rockwood with the highest accreditation possible from the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Rockwood received a perfect score on the Annual Performance Report from the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Rockwood has 10 National Blue Ribbon Schools.
- The school district has 14 Missouri Gold Star Schools of Excellence.
- Rockwood was named the 2009 recipient of the Connect-ED® Leadership through Communication Award.
- Rockwood earned the What Parents Want Award from SchoolMatch, a research company that collects and audits information about public and private elementary and secondary schools.
- Rockwood is one of only 20 K-12 school districts in the nation recognized as a AAA rating by Standard and Poor's School Evaluation Services.
- Rockwood receives the Meritorious Budget Award for excellence in the preparation and issuance of a school system annual budget.
Every child deserves highly-qualified, education professionals who will challenge him/her to work toward his/her fullest potential. The RNEA works to ensure that such education professionals are in every classroom, library, and guidance office throughout the Rockwood School District.